- What does the name "Substance D" mean?
- Substance D is the name of a highly addictive drug in the Phillip K. Dick novel named A Scanner Darkly. It's also a reasonably good movie; don't be worried that it has Keanu Reeves in it.
- Is Substance D open source?
- Yes. It's licensed under a permissive BSD-style license. It is free of cost to use and redistribute.
- What language is Substance D written in?
- The Python programming language.
- Which database does Substance D use?
- The Zope Object Database (ZODB).
- What web framework does Substance D use "under the hood"?
- What is the "Pylons Project"?
- The Pylons Project is an umbrella organization under which web technologies are developed. This includes Substance D and the Pyramid web framework, as well as form libraries, serialization libraries, and other frameworks and libraries.
- How can I follow Substance D development?
- Follow @pylons on Twitter, or keep an eye on the mailing list.
Frequently Asked Questions
by admin Last Updated: 2015/04/19